With Easter coming up its time to crack out an old favorite recipe- Easter Nests! This is a great little bake to help everybody get into the Easter spirit.
The recipe says to use cooking chocolate but I thought I would try Cadbury dairy milk as the chocolate is an awful lot nicer than standard cooking chocolate!
- 85g Rice Krispies/Cornflakes
- 225g Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate
- 50g Butter
- 2 tbsp Golden syrup
- Mini Eggs
- Line a 12-hole fairy cake tin with paper cases
- Melt the chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a bowl
- Remove bowl from heat and gently stir in the Rice Krispies/Cornflakes until all of the cereal is coated in the chocolate.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and press 3 chocolate eggs into the center of each nest.
- Chill in the fridge until completely set.
For added decoration, you could add a fluffy little Easter chick – Children will love the cute little addition. I got mine from Poundland Chicks with bonnets come in packs of 6 for £1 and the mini chicks are in packs of 12 or 18 for £1.
I doubled up the mixture in order to cover half Rice Krispies and half cornflakes.
Now finally.. Enjoy!